Wednesday 22 June 2011

Damn you, Smitten Kitchen!!

Okay, so I occasionally kill a little time at work with web surfing. I feel I can get away with it because I work pretty hard and efficiently (and at minimum wage. . .). I still get things done.

Today I was catching up on one of my favourite blogs, Smitten Kitchen, and I then chose to push that damnable 'surprise me!' button. . . What comes up? Her article on making Peter Reinhart's bagels. I don't see the danger I'm in (I've never had any inkling of a desire to make my own bagels, for heaven's sake), so I read the article.

And now I need to make these bagels. Especially since there's a option for cinnamon raisin bagels, which I love with an unholy passion.

Why do I do this to myself??

To be fair, these look pretty darn amazing:
mmmmmm. . .

Check out the article: Peter Reinhart's bagels and dare to tell me you don't think you need to make them yourself. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Now all I need to do is find a retailer near me who sells high gluten flour. . .

And it doesn't end with the bagels, oh no. There are several dozens of other recipes I now need to try: graham crackerschocolate wafers and ice-box cupcakeschocolate soufflĂ© cupcakes with white chocolate mint cream (mmmmmmm. . . this might be the treat I'll make for my friend's birthday party), red pepper soupsweet pickled grapes (!!), et cetera, ad nauseum. . .

If you like food, and love making it - definitely check out this blog. Though maybe not at work - you can lose hours perusing the various delectable treats on offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment