Thursday 4 August 2011

Baking, with some photos!

My last baked treat for the bachelorette tomorrow night are the carrot cake cupcakes from . . . Ok. If you don't know where I got this recipe before clicking the link, you haven't been keeping up with this blog at all. I'll give you a hint though - it rhymes with "blitzen mitchum". And they're suuuuuuuper tasty!

Strangely enough, I doubled the spice (which is why my dough turned out so much less orange than the original). There's never enough spiciness for me. Except the nutmeg, which I used very sparingly. That is a very unforgiving spice - too much and you have soap-flavoured everything. Which I don't like all that much, for some reason.

I haven't frosted the cupcakes yet (as they're still warm, the cold room isn't cold enough at this time of year to set the frosting, the icing needs to chill more, and I'm going to do that tomorrow anyway so they're perfect for the party. I might even take them over unfrosted and then do it there), so you'll have to wait for a photo of the final version ;)   I can't wait to frost them though, the cake is very earnest and healthful (especially since I added a zucchini and an apple, and reduced the sugar in them to 1.5 cups from 2), so it'll be a great contrast to the cream cheesey/maple (and veeeeery rich) frosting.

But here are a bunch o photos of me making the cupcakes and frosting:




















I was going to upload the photos for another Newfoundland post. But the photo uploader is being an asshole, and I really don't want to learn a new step by having all my photos hosted on another site (à la Flixster or Photobucket). . . I am more seriously considering migrating this blog to WordPress. . . I don't know if you'll notice the occasional horizontal photo that would actually look better in vertical. Stupid uploader.

We'll see. 

Are you as frustrated as me today, Dear Internet?

No comments:

Post a Comment